how security lost its luster...

So many of you, my friends, have spent some of your life living in transition.  Many of you are missionaries, military families, or just have husbands that would like to be in school forever.  We have moved more times than I would have liked, and a couple of the moves involved me throwing a tantrum. 

With that in mind, I am loving reading Karen's blog this month, about Living in Transition.  This post, Invite People In, has especially inspired me.  Invite people in to your life, no matter if it is for an hour, a year, or your lifetime.  So true.  Very true.  She talks about Jesus' ministry as an example, great example of the impact that can be made in a few short minutes, or a few short years.  It changed the world, people loved harder, cried deeper, and stood stronger...and it is still happening to this day.

There are hundreds of people that have impacted my life in such a powerful way, and some I never met, I just observed from a distance and some I have known my whole life.

This week, I had a friend that I have known for just a few months tell me that I was family now.  I feel like her family, like she is a part of my family...like I have known her forever...

And tears stream down my face as I think about the possibility of missing out on the friends I now have here in Evansville, the friends that I didn't know God had in store for me and my family, that I told Him I didn't want...I wanted security instead.  Security is totally overrated.

3 comments:

jackandellasmum said...

Oh, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts/dreams/fears here... am so encouraged that we're walking a smiliar path, risks and doubts and all. :)

JoshQ said...

It is funny how we have only known you guys for such a short time and we already can't picture life without the Branson clan. Thank you for loving my little guy like your own, being another sister to my wife and kicking me in the shins over and over.

Katie said...

Josh, your son and wife are so easy to love! And you, well, I never had a brother to kick in shins...