A Day in the Life: Quiet Time

This new series is a glimpse into the fun-filled, action packed life we lead (please read with rich sarcasm).  I am having a bit of writers block when it comes to writing about how Dave and I met.  Part of this stems from the fact, that to me, the whole thing was utterly romantic, but when I put it on paper, rather dull.  So I am waiting for inspiration.  In the meantime...some of the uber exciting things that make up our typical day...

Beginning with...the beginning of our day.  Quiet time.  After eating breakfast, this is the first thing on our schedule.  We started this a few years back, just because Mom needed a few minutes of quiet first thing in the morning, but we have all grown to enjoy it.  We each say one thing we are thankful for, then read a Bible or devotional for 15 min.  Annie still doesn't read, but contents herself to look at the pictures.  Every few weeks, we go to the library to get new Children's Bibles, which makes for a nice variety, and the packet that Stephanie is doing below, is a devotional that our church gives to the kids every month.  I try to keep it casual, too much structure and I start loathing a thing.  But we still love this time, and therefore, love sharing it with you.

And let's be honest, a lot of mornings, quiet time is not so quiet.

1 comments:

Megan said...

This makes me happy. I wish we could meet for coffee...