What Came Next...

So, a year later, as I was feeling that God didn't want me to ever get married or give me the things my heart desired, I had this revelation...not audible, but from God's mouth, definitely.  It was Fall again...my sophomore year, and I realized that God made the person I was going to marry...if indeed I would marry.  God knew my heart's desires, and although He didn't have to give me what I wanted, He could.  He's God.  It seemed like a dare almost..."pray for whatever you want in a husband."  I knew that it was an invitation to see God work.  My list was short that day...off the cuff, I didn't write it down or add to it later, I just put 4 things on the list.  It didn't feel like it was supposed to be a list with character traits, just a list of almost silly things my heart desired.  So here is the list:

1.  He be over 6 feet tall
2.  He like math.
3.  He like softball (and I definitely should have clarified this one...softball and not fantasy baseball...that is what I meant to say).  ;)
4.  He would take walks with God, talk to God personally (I had a roommate that did this, it was inspiring to me).

I asked, and then forgot all about the list, until a very strange day in May...

2 comments:

jackandellasmum said...

insert smile emoticon. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Megan said...

makes me happy:)
On my "list" was "it would be cool if his last name started with a 'G' and then my initials would be MEG"