God is good

Well before letting loose one of the heavier topics that I have been mulling over this last month, I thought I would just do a little update on our life.

The title is apt...God is good...but He would still be good without the blessing upon blessing we have received these past few months.  And sometimes when I receive, I forget to say thanks...or acknowledge the Giver.  This time has been so different.  I seem to awake each morning with a contentment that I am just giddy about.  I mean, I don't deserve a darn thing, and yet my life is so comfortable.  I love, love, love my house, and at the risk of spending the whole post telling you about every nook and cranny, I will limit myself to just two things. 

I have the most beautiful tree outside the living room window.  It is a Linden tree Crabapple I believe, and it was pretty when we looked at the house, but now that it has lost it's leaves, it is covered with red berries.  The branches form a ceiling for our front walk that is just perfect, and I can sit by the fireplace, enjoying the snow-covered limbs every morning with a cup of coffee.  It is pretty perfect. 

And the second thing is the kitchen sink.  The kitchen is not spectacular, just ordinary laminate countertops, and oven that is a bit smaller than I am used to, and a basic fridge, but the sink...the people before us went all out.  It is solid stone so I can't stain it, and sooo deep, plus I can lay my biggest cookie sheet flat in the bottom.  On top of that , the faucet is also a sprayer and I just love it.  I mean, I do spend a good deal of time at the sink, but I never thought a sink could be so wonderful.  Quite silly, really, now that I have written it all out.

And on to the more important things in life.  The week we moved in, the girls met a neighbor girl who, we soon found out, has 3 sisters.  These 4 girls are pretty much the same age as my girls.  They are over about every day to play.  It is pretty incredible really.  It was the thing that I prayed for more than anything else...friends for the girls, and already we have managed a birthday party for Hannah with a house full of friends.  The neighbors seem just as excited to have us in the neighborhood, and it is all quite overwhelming...not the girls...the blessing.  Actually, the house runs much smoother with 8 girls than 4.  Guests seem to encourage polite behavior towards sisters, and so the house is even more pleasant with more.  Anyway, I could keep going about the blessings, for a few more years, but I will spare you.  I'll just say I feel blessed beyond measure, and then some.

2 comments:

Megan said...

so cool! I understand how the kitchen sink can be very exciting...I often wish for a nicer sink:)
But seriously, sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be...

the Roths said...

thanks for the update! we're glad to hear that you're settling into your new home well. I'm especially glad to hear about the nice tree you have-- enjoying a good view while you have your morning hot drink is an excellent blessing!